So this is the first project that we get from the TDE camp for the new year. This is also Isaiah Rashad’s first official project. I’ve been feeling the random songs that I’ve heard from this guy so I’m hoping that this album hits on all cylinders. Let’s see what this project is about. Continue reading
Another nice track, why its not on the album is a good question. Downloaded. That sample sounds very familiar. Check it down bottom plus pt 1 & 2.
Willie Hutch – Mother’s Theme
The Heart Pt.1
The Heart Pt.2
A while back I took a survey on what collaboration project people would love to see come to light. The main competitors were Nas & Common or J.Cole & Kendrick Lamar. A surprising amount of people choice J.Cole & Kendrick Lamar over Nas/Common. Now that we are pretty sure that the Cole & Kendrick project will actually be released, I am curious to see which project people are now more excited to hear.
Soulo Ho3 (feat. Jhene Aiko)
It took a few listens for me to grasp onto this one. 3 good verses for Soul and this one packs a flux of energy, I like the chorus – that’s where it lies. If you heard his previous tapes, you can see the growth. He manages to speak on that and drop some clever lines here and there. Almost all choruses Jhene Aiko does with TDE complement the track nicely and the streak continues on this one, she has a nice tone. Soulo Soulo Soulo Continue reading
He’s probably the most unknown member of Black Hippy, overshadowed by Jay Rock, Schoolboy Q, and Kendrick Lamar. He’s been out for a few years now and has put in work. I’ve been paying close attention to a lot of artists but Ab-Soul always impresses me with his vision, flows, abstract subjects and drive. That drive is something you can’t deny this guy has. As he says “more drive than the fastest hooptie“. He really says whatever he’s thinking, Continue reading
One of my favorite tracks off Setbacks. What’s the word? What’s the word?
- “Kendrick Lamar, his mama called him that, he watched House Party and ate Apple Jacks”
- “Yall married to the game well I’m about to crash weddings”
- “look at me look at me, im a loser, im a winner, im good, im bad, ima christian, im a sinner, im humble, im loud, im righteous, im a killer, what im doing, im saying that im human”
- “grown….men never should bite their tongue unless you eating p$#@y that smell like it’s a stale plum”
- “some say im crazy cause I think like I need a shrink”
- “I stole a Bible, is that a sin?” Continue reading
Hook, Line, Sinker….I’m addicted to this song…the video is nice as well Continue reading