Here are random notes I had for myself to reference every now and then. Just some truth to get you through the day.
- “I keep my head, both of them where they suppose to be.” Lesson: Junior can ruin your life in various ways. Get him in check, make smart decisions.
- “relax your mind, let your conscious be free” Lesson: Slow down sometimes and enjoy the present moment. mediation is a great stress reliever.
- “if i shoot you, im brainless, if you shoot me, you famous – whats a nigga to do?” Lesson: Dont risk all you have worked for for petty situations/individuals.
- “Male shouldnt be jealous, thats a female trait – what? you made cuz you sell dimes and he sell weight?” Lesson: Dont care about what others are doing. Do you.
- “Be the most asked question: how I got them digits? I say I stick to the script and never stop for bitches, never talk like a mime I got to watch you snitches” Lesson: stay focused on the prize. Don’t let the typical distractions get you off course temporarily or permenantly.
- “Everything that glitters ain’t gold” Lesson: self explanatory.
- “Pay your taxes, y’all niggas hustling backwards.” Lesson: The government will get your ass no matter who you are.
- “Men got to do men things for men salary” Lesson: You got to work hard in life to achieve any real goal out here.
- “Sure books can guide you but your heart defines you, chica” Lesson: Your heart has the last word. Listen to it. If its right, cool. If not, it is what it is, you have no regrets.
- “niggas will coast in the SL but can’t post bail” Lesson: Save your money for a rainy day.
Its more than music. Pay attention to what’s being said and it might just save your life.
UPDATE: Found a post on TSS with even more great quotes.