The craze this week in the Hip Hop industry has been the release of Cruel Summer, plenty of hype on it. Atleast for me, it didnt meet my expectations that I expected from the talented GOOD music family. I started to think “what could have made it meet our expectations?” Here’s a quick list of what we came up with:
- q-tip – self-explanatory; he brings his own artistic vibe
- no i.d. production – this was sort of a no brainer. one of the best.
- more substance/balance – cover more subjects, do a storyline track, etc.
- less Big Sean and CyHi – Big Sean is just bland and CyHi just overconfident in what little skills he has
- mos def – self-explanatory; he brings his own artistic vibe
- more Common and Kanye – They barely had any verses, especially Common
- no ma$e feature – wtf? that verse was dry as hell, are you serious?
- more elaborate production – refer to last item on list
- more cohesion – it felt like 12 random songs burned onto a cd.
- trip to hawaii to record – we’ve seen what a trip to hawaii, focus and teamwork can create.
These are our thoughts, what about you? What would you have liked to hear more/less of on Cruel Summer?